Saturday, July 30, 2011
Living, loving, laughing - enthusiastic about life
Enthusiastic people are those who smile readily, who really listen to what another is saying, are passionate about the things they believe in, are completely natural in their interactions with others and are living in the moment. They gather people up and carry them along with their enthusiasm for life.
These are the people we like to be around because they make work more interesting, socialising more fun and life more interesting.
Six steps to help develop your enthusiasm;
1) Counter negative thinking, try to look at the positive side of things. There's always good in everything if you look hard enough.
2) Do things you enjoy that make you feel happy, don't wait until you have time - make time. Make a list of things you want to do and choose one to start now.
3) Surround yourself with enthusiastic people, people who laugh and are positive about life will boost your mood.
4) Get inspired - do something to express yourself; read, write, create.
5) Challenge yourself and try something new, step out of your comfort zone. Always wanted to try something - well what's stopping you, give it a go.
6) Remind yourself to be enthusiastic, it takes practice. If you find your mood is slipping backwards then get energised by doing one of the five things above.
"Reasearchers have found that enthusisastic people have greater peace of mind, higher self esteem, a stronger sense of well being, better physical health and increased success at work and school." Tom Bay, Ph.D
I hope you have something to feel enthusiastic about this week.
Enthusiasm releases the drive to carry you over obstacles and adds significance to all you do ~ Norman Vincent Peale
Posted by Fiona Biedermann