Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dare I say it - Happy Days, finally!

She's home, all the tests were clear. Woohoo! DIL looks almost back to her normal self tonight. I'm not going to cross my fingers though, I'm just going to think lots of positive and happy thoughts that everything improves from here.

The thing is it's hard to think happy thoughts when you're experiencing tough times in your life, despite the reality that it's when you need to be thinking happy thoughts the most. I do believe though that it's true that happy attracts happy.

Sometimes the most annoying person we know can be the person who is eternally optimistic. I think having a happy life is about balance. No-one can ever have a perfect life, one with no drama, no hassles, no pain and I'm not sure that a life like that would even be perfect. Sometimes the dramas make the good moments even better.

I do try to look on the bright side of life, but the last few months have challenged even my normally optimistic view. So here's some happiness reinforcement for anyone that may need it this week:

1.  Expect happiness, because you deserve it.

2.  Change the way you look at things, try to always look on the bright side. While your mind might drift towards the negative side of things, don’t let yourself. Focus on the positive.

3.  Take care of yourself and remember to take time out for you. Small things, like a relaxing bath, a walk on the beach, spending time doing the things that make you feel happy.

4.  Think of how to solve problems, not about the problems themselves. Action can help minimise anxiety - doing something, anything, is surely better than sitting around worrying about a problem.

5.  Be proud of the things you have done, not of the things you haven’t.

6.  Be happy for others when things are good in their lives.

7.  Surround yourself with positive and happy people, it’s catching.

8.  Making others happy also contributes to your own happiness. Small thoughtful actions can mean a lot to another person.

9.  Smile often and laugh out loud regularly.

10.  If it makes you happy, then just do it!

I've got a lot to be thankful for in my life. My grandson is happy and healthy and DIL is home and well on the way to recovery. All of my family members are safe and healthy, I have good friends and the one thing I realised this week is that when life gets tough, your friends and your family are there to support, to listen and to provide a shoulder.

There you go, I told you light hearted and energised was coming and there's more to come in my life and yours - why? simply because I believe it!

Have a great week guys. the sky is the limit.

Cheers, Fi

The three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love and something to hope for. ~ Addison

Challenges come so we can grow and be prepared for things we are not equipped to handle now. When we face our challenges with faith, prepared to learn, willing to make changes, and if necessary, to let go, we are demanding our power be turned on. ~ Iyanla Vanzant

3 comments:

  1. See! I came here to read just these very thoughts.

    Thanks my friend.

    And so happy to hear the good knews about your DIL and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear this good news! Everything is ok now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear this good news! Everything is ok now :)


    www.mylifeismyrainbow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts