Monday, July 4, 2011

Many hands make light work

Wow, I read all your comments and started crying again - thank you all so much for your kind wishes and thoughts. At the moment we have the most amazing tag team happening. Our main aim being to keep new mum at home with her new family and not in a hospital bed, and keeping son in his very new job.

Son left for work this morning and I arrived just after 7. I did the shift till 8.30, put hungry bub on the lounge with mum who had woken looking marginally better than she'd been when I spoke to son earlier in the morning. Made sure she had everything she needed, fielded a call from the hospital checking up on her and then rang her mum on my way out the door, so her mum knew what was happening and to ensure she wasn't far away.

Her mother arrived just after 9 for the day shift, bathed bub and made sure dinner was cooked for the evening, and then her amazing 'baby' sister turned up this afternoon and did the washing and dishes. Son arrived home mid afternoon to take on the night shift but with all of the duties done other than caring for junior.

I'm back there tomorrow morning and we'll keep doing the tag team effort until DIL is back on her feet and feeling 100% better. Two or three months ago when I was twiddling my thumbs at work and had nothing to do I could have spent the whole week with her. Now I'm running around like a headless chook at work and don't have a spare second in my day. That's Murphy's Law I guess.

My hardest task is spending an hour and a half of quality time in the mornings nursing my gorgeous grandson who still remains the most well behaved baby on the planet. I wish I could be doing more to help out but am glad that I can help in some small way.

We will get them through this trying time and I appreciate all the positive thoughts being sent their way.

Cheers to all of you, Fi

The family is one of nature's masterpieces.

4 comments:

  1. What a amazing support system. I sounds like everyone is lending a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- I'd say you and everyone is doing a lot! What a blessing you are -- and what a blessing the 'bub' is for everyone I'm sure.

    Praying for your DIL -- and family.

    Hugs

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. DIL and son and baby sure are lucky to have a supporting family like you guys. Keep up the good work. She will hopefully be back to her old self in no time. Praying for your DIL and family to get through this little bump in the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hard to imagine you twiddling your thumbs... as you can see, careful what you wish for!! you wanted to be busy, now you are!!
    :D~
    glad to see things are working out and giving the new family a break. just a new baby in a home is enough stress for the parents; having to deal with illness is something we can all do without. with all of your support, they cannot do anything else than feel better for it.

    now that you've read all of this, go back to your "duties", whatever you're supposed to be doing now...
    ;)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts