Friday, July 8, 2011

Realisation - I'm getting 'old'

It's Friday and I'm overjoyed because this week it felt like there were about 10 days between Monday and today. I'm sure I've done enough work for there to have been that many days anyway.

I was meant to be heading to an UnderCoverWear Party tonight and I normally love these parties because it means catching up with the girls from my old job, a few relaxing drinks and an opportunity to spend some money on ME!

Late this afternoon I received news that the party has been postponed till next Friday, so while I was somewhat disappointed, I also had an overwhelming feeling of relief that all I have to do tonight is sit on the lounge and do 'nothing'. It's cold and raining outside and I couldn't think of anything more enjoyable right at this moment then curling up toasty and warm and doing absolutely nothing.

Becoming a Nani has turned me into a - dare I say it - 'an old woman'. So here's my thoughts for the week - you know you're getting old when:

1) A 'nanna nap' on a Sunday afternoon is simply because you're tired not because you've been out partying like crazy the night before.
2) Late nights are about waiting up for a child to come home from partying
3) Sleeping in is any time after 8am.
4) You get excited by a night curled up on the lounge - alone.
5) You colour your hair to cover the grey and not simply as a fashion statement

There's a thousand more things that I could add to this list and really in terms of my years on this planet - I'm not really that old, I still have a few months to go before I reach the big 4..0. It's just that after a week like I've had, I feel so exhausted and old.

It's true that you're only as old as you feel, so this weekend is all about recharging my batteries, catching up on some sleep and generally doing very little of anything with substance. By Monday morning I plan on having the energy of an eighteen year old, okay maybe I'll settle for the energy of a thirty year old.

Hope you all have a super relaxing weekend people.

Cheers, Fi

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. ~ Mark Twain

4 comments:

  1. Haha good one Fi. Altho you're now a Nani, you're still a very young one don't forget. It's weird that we're the same age and my kids are 7 & 3 and you're a grandmother!! All those 'you're getting old because' points ring just as true for me and I'm not a Nanna haha. Have a great recharging weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I know exactly where you are coming from Fi. Love this one!!
    By the way we should catch up and forget how old we are and feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa! Apparently I'm a nani and I don't even have grandkids yet! There is nothing nicer than a 'do nothing'. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait till the big 5.0. gets to you...
    ;)~
    HUGZ

    soon going for an afternoon nap so i can watch tv later on tonight...
    :D~

    ZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZ!!!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts