Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Its been a long, long day

While it's been a long day, out the door by 6.45am and not home till 6.30 tonight, it's also been a good day. Arrived at DIL's about 7 this morning, grandson just would not cooperate and wake up to play with Nani Fi - he just slept the whole time, not the most considerate baby in the world is he? So I folded clothes, put dishes away and gazed in awe at him. I exercised extreme control and although I was tempted to poke him and wake him up, I didn't. Aren't you proud of me?

I woke DIL up just before 8.30 and what a joyous task it was because she woke up with a smile on her face and pain free - yihoo. First time since last Monday, so definitely worth celebrating. She's got through the whole day today with no headache, just some neck pain and discomfort, so fingers crossed she's now on the road to recovery.

Well I'm all done in and don't have the energy to type any more tonight, but here's two more pics of the little man who has turned our lives upside down and given all of us extra reasons to smile and laugh. (I lifted them from DIL's Facebook page - see that's how much better she is, she's uploaded her photos) Now that things appear to be on the mend I'll have to go and take a bunch more photos of my own.

His first car ride home from the hospital

He's so tiny, but isn't he the sweetest little thing?

Maybe I'll come back tomorrow night to post something uplifting and energising - now that the fog seems to be lifting. I do have my fingers, toes and eyes tightly crossed that her recovery continues which admittedly makes it a little hard to type (with everything crossed), but you all know what I mean. Cheers for your support and well wishes this last week.

Cheers, Fi

A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balances smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for

6 comments:

  1. This really is good news - hopefully DIL continues to improve.

    It's so good to hear the excitement in your words - this little man really is a treasure!

    Can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, so pleased to hear that. Love the photos, what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Fi -- he is beautiful!

    and so happy to hear she's feeling stronger and better. May she continue to heal and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been read through what has happened from your previous posts. And I am glad that your DIL is recovering now. Indeed giving birth is tough but it is all worth it, because it is a bless :)
    As for your son, he is really a good man, good husband and good daddy. My husband is also the same, he is willing to help on taking care of the kids :)

    Please visit my blog and please share your thoughts if you don't mind
    www.mylifeismyrainbow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is he! Aww, makes me want to have another one. Ok, maybe not. But he is very adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank god he's tiny!!!
    imagine if he was a big porker, the damages he would have caused...

    tiny baby, good thing!!
    very good thing!!
    :D~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts