Saturday, June 23, 2012

Welcome to the country

The rain was falling this afternoon as I drove out of the city, yet by the time I reached the Northern Expressway the sun was shining and so was my mood. The stress seems to fall away when I'm in my car heading to Renmark.

It's my time, my de-stress time.

Can't believe my brother just sent me a text message to make sure I turn the heater off at the wall, he's about five metres away (at the front of the house) Okay so it's cold and who wants to get out of bed when you're toasty warm.

It's 11.49 and I'm sitting tucked up in my borrowed bed with my laptop. Overnight it's meant to drop to 0 degrees celcius, that's about 5 - 8 degrees colder than Adelaide usually is overnight yet it feels about 50 degrees colder. Cold for us but probably a mild winters day for some of you.

I have two quilts and a blanket on my bed tonight, have I mentioned I don't like cold much.

I was searching for a picture to match my post title tonight, as I do and I came across this beer commercial for Primus Beer. I've never heard of the beer but I can appreciate the irony when I'm talking about getting away from the city and de-stressing, because our project at work is called Project Primus.

Tonight we sat and watched a movie on my brothers new blue ray player, I can't even remember the last time when I actually just sat and watched a movie from start to finish. It was the Tower Heist with Ben Stiller, nothing to rave about but had a few laughs and we just relaxed.

Tomorrow my sister-in-law is throwing a baby shower to which they have invited roughly 40 people They're talking army size quantities of food, a big bonfire and vodka jelly shots (not for the mummy to be though, I'll do the sisterly-in-law thing and have her serve for her)

I'm guessing they do baby showers a little bit differently in the country.

So ahead of me lays (or is it lies?) two days of rest, relaxation and stress free bliss. In case you're reading this family dearest - I'm anticipating a nice clean house and the washing and food shopping done when I get home.

Well it's about time to snuggle down under my pile of blankets and get some sleep. Hope where ever you are and whatever you're doing this weekend that you're having some 'you' time.

Cheers, Fi

Note: For the record,  Primus Beer, is an African beer brand produced by the Bralima Brewery



4 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm the same way. I hate the cold. I always have an extra blanket on my side of the bed and my foot heater at work stays on constantly. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your post about loving summer, understand that totally. I can't leave a comment on your blog any more unless I'm logged into Wordpress which makes it dificult

      Delete
  2. Have a great time! It's been a long time since I've been to a baby shower. That one sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont thing I've ever been to a baby shower quite like this one - ton of fun though

      Delete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts