Sunday, January 29, 2012

We all have choices

Today I attended the "Power of the Past" exhibition at the Milang Field day. I'm sure you're excited at the prospect of reading about my adventure. Let me describe it in one word - torture.

Torture is the act of inflicting severe pain (whether physical or psychological) as a means of punishment, revenge, forcing information or a confession, or simply as an act of cruelty. 

Okay so I'm sure hubby wasn't deliberately punishing, inflicting revenge, forcing information or a confession, nor was he being simply cruel to either youngest MM or myself, but really. Then again, maybe he was.
 
Being woken at 7.30am on a Sunday is a form of torture all on its own. He did make me a cup of coffee in bed though - bribery 101. And admittedly the forty minute drive through the country was pleasant, the weather was delightfully warm and the devonshire tea that son and I consumed when we got there was superb. But...........

Stationary motors, tractors and hotted up cars - try as I might I could not muster a skerrick of enthusiasm for any of them. Son was slightly better than me at being a little interested in what the motors could do and me, well I didn't sulk but there wasn't much of a smile on my face either.

My four day weekend ends today, gotta love a National Holiday which occurs on a Thursday. I really, really like being at home (what person doesn't?) and could really get into the groove of working from home.

We always want what we can't have don't we and it's only once we get it that we decide we really want something different. Is this a benefit or downside of living a life with choices and options? Quite honestly, I think we're lucky to be able to choose how we live. To not have choices or options must be the biggest from of torture.

Hope you've had a great weekend

Cheers, Fi

There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them ~ Denis Waitley

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got to see my blog- soulbrush is my main one LOL.
    Have you peeped at my etsy shop- special prices for bloggers. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once went to an RV exhibit -- lol -- I know how you feel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I know how you feel, my dad has a jewelry store so, we have go to the Gem show every couple of months, very boring 4 hours of pure torture for me at least, I think you might enjoy it but, I don't know nor much about jewelry, I would much rather be at a car show!!!! Btw was it a brand new car show or, a oldies car show? : )

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts