Tuesday, January 17, 2012

In search of cheese

Arrrgghhh Blogger what are you doing to me? I'm not sure how I feel about the new look Blogger, I do know that I'm not entirely happy that I can't read comments or post comments from my mobile phone any more - not sure why this is.

I also got all excited about being able to finally reply to comments, only to discover that for some reason the embedded option that's needed for it currently isn't working with Windows Explorer, it's sitting with the Google 'technicians' for a solution.

Change and technology - don't you just love them, the irony that these are the two things which currently provide my income is not lost on me either.

Everyone I visited in the blogosphere today was talking about snow and cold weather, today it was humid and 39 degrees celcius where I am. Now I like hot, but this is a bit more than comfortable for me. Youngest son has become a beach bum this summer and spends every day at the beach, how nice that must be.

Middle son had his girlfriend over for dinner again tonight, I'm still not used to him having a girlfriend. As a mother do you ever get used to your children having partners? Seventeen years old seems like a million years ago.

Oldest son is here for dinner tonight as well, so I have the whole clan in one place. My favourite kind of days, even more so when everyone is playing nice. Not sure what it is with males that mean they have to poke, prod, thump, annoy, swear at each other when they are in the same vicinity (and that's not to mention the other bodily functions that seem to amuse them)

I'm doing a lot of work surrounding motivation and leadership training at work at the moment, putting plans in place for our team leaders, organising training sessions and preparing presentations.

My boss directed me towards a story surrounding change today which I hadn't read before, it's based on a book by Spencer Johnson called 'Who moved my cheese'. You can read the summary here - I found it quite an enlightening way of looking at how we all react differently to change. I think I'm a 'scurry' type, what about you?

Life is about change and it's how we handle it that makes all the difference. As scary as it is, it can also be incredibly revitalising and exciting as well. Sometimes it's the kick in the pants we need to move forward and grow.

Hope you're growing and learning.

Cheers, Fi

If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living ~ Gail Sheehy

2 comments:

  1. Love this book! I think I said this in one of my 6WS posts awhile back. Change is inevitable. If you don't move with it, you will be left behind and never grow on a personal or professional level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, change is here to stay.

    As to google and blogger, I downloaded Firefox and that fixed my issues with the new look and those sites I was challenged by..

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts