Thursday, January 12, 2012

On the road - the visual journey

Today Louise made the following statement and I was inspired. "I am not accountable / responsible for what other's do. I am 100% accountable for what I am doing, what I allow in my life, what I create in my presence"

So much of my life is taken up with worrying about what others do and the ramifications of what their actions (I have a family of all males and I try to control and manage - no wonder I'm so exhausted) I do the same thing at work, quite simply it is driving me crazy.

It was like a lightbulb lit up today when I read Louise's post. I know that I need to take a step back and stop trying to fix the worries of the world - it is not within my control. I know it's not as simple as that, but recognising the problem is a start. Again, no wonder I feel like I'm carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders - because I damn well am. No more!

I've been in a very contemplative mood the last week or two (holidays will do that) I've been trying to understand the source of my dissatisfaction. Some decisions need to be made, some exceptance that some things need to stay the way they are for now for a number of reasons and the understanding that there is a massive load of rot that I need to throw off so that I am able to move forward freely.

Now I need to start putting some plans around all of that, what goes, what stays, what is past it's use by date. I'm not working within change management without learning some vital lessons which can be applied to my life.

Now, as promised - here are the ones who put a smile on my face, make me want to scream with frustration and who make my life worth living. A small selection of photos from our road trip this week.

My hubby and boys and friends who accompanied us on our trip (note - all males)

The big lobster in Kingston (cos every town needs one of these)

Middle MM in his best pose at Beachport

The tribe - 'do we really have to smile?'

Yes the lake really is this blue - it actually looks fake it's that blue

Me and my boys at the state border

Our campsite in Mt Gambier - it wasn't really this clean, we'd half packed up to leave in this pic LOL

 The hard life - fishing and relaxing
 
Youngest MM - smile for mummy

Burnouts at the speedway in Renmark

My gorgeous nephew and his first ever fish caught all by himself
The 'Chookman's' boat in Renmark (smells like a chookhouse as well)

Our 'beast'

Hubby shows us how it's done - first fish caught was a catfish

Whatever you can do, I can do better
Lots more photos, but that at least gives you a taste of our week. Awesome weather, great company, fishing, boating, swimming and family.

In the end we weren't 'forced' to endure Kev's Tractor Display for several reasons - hubby had already been there so he decided because it was 40 degrees celcius that day and none of us were keen on looking at dusty, dirty tractors that he would spare us the pain of having to go. Sigh... madly disappointed - NOT!

We also didn't get to the caves in Mt Gambier because of time constraints and 'little' children with us. This is something hubby and I will go back and do.

Thats all for now, hope you enjoy the pics and a glimpse at South Australia and the men in my life. Only eldest was missing.

Cheers, Fi

2 comments:

  1. Ohh the beach, looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Glad you had fun! And very good point Louise made. Smart women she is. As much as we want control everyone and everything around us, we can only control ourselves and our actions/reactions to others. I understand the house full of testosterone though. It is just me and my littlest and the rest male. It does get to be much sometimes. Have a good day Fi! Glad to have you back. Missed reading your posts while you were on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed the Riverland Speedway
    regards Greg Haynes
    club pres
    haynzie@tpg.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts