Thursday, January 19, 2012

Growing, learning, dreaming ... always


Some days in my world seem to fly and other days seem to drag. Today was one of those drag days. I hate waiting to hear news.

My boss’s wife is having their second baby today. He’s been calm, cool and collected - or that’s the impression he’s presented - for weeks now. He dropped his wife at the hospital this morning (she’s being induced), ensured she was settled in, arrived at work in time for a morning meeting, made sure we were all set for the remainder of the day and then headed out just before lunch to attend the birth. 8pm and still no news.

I need a glass or two (make that crates) of whatever it is that enables him to remain so calm and relaxed. His wife must take the same tonic because she was out pricing new security for their front gate yesterday and then attended a performance of Chorus Line last night. Last week she was still attending gym sessions.

I never did pregnancy well and I’m slightly envious (make that a lot envious) of women who breeze through pregnancy with barely a hiccup. I was a sloth who ate and slept and did very little of anything else in the final months of my pregnancies. I also wouldn’t have sent hubby of to work on the morning of the day I was being induced either.

Is it all in your mindset? While I’m a strong believer in mind over matter, I’m also a strong believer that some people are born to pro-create and they do it well, while some of us simply exist for the purpose of incubating during those nine months and are capable of little else.

My mind is a mess of swirling thoughts and ideas at the moment, so many things that I want to start. It’s hard to stop the ideas from melding into one big tangled mess of creativity. Blog ideas, web page designs, thoughts for business plans, the urge to start writing a new book, all tumbled up with work plans and tasks, as well as things I should be doing at home.

Focus, planning, steady pace – I need them all at the moment. One thing at a time. Sometimes it’s so easy to get caught up with all the things that we want to do that we never actually get anywhere because it’s all one big tumbling mess in our heads.

I once read somewhere about the mind being like a filing cabinet and that sometimes we need to be able to file everything away in its own drawer in an organised manner. Then we can pull memories and thoughts out as we need them. I guess sometimes there's such a thing as being too organised as well, maybe the best things are created from that tangled mess.

Before I run away tonight, here's something special I want to share with you.

My mum (who's the best source for learning to believe in yourself) knows the things I like and she's shared several video clips via email with me lately, they're from a website called It's all about women which is definitely worth a look. I've discovered a whole heap of great things and of course the Inspirational movies tab is great - here's an example.

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers, Fi

When I quote others I do so in order to express my own ideas more clearly. - Michel de Montaigne

2 comments:

  1. Giving birth is just the beginning. It is the rest of the journey in motherhood that really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree with Stasha. I was not one of those happy go lucky pregnant women either especially those last couple months that drag on. All I wanted to do was eat and sleep, repeat. LOL. So did they have the baby? Hopefully your next post will give an update. I am going to be an auntie to a baby boy in June. My BIL and his wife are having a baby and then my cousin who is more like my sister just found out today is having a girl also in June. It is going to be a busy month since we have so many other bdays in June too. Mind over matter, always say that to myself when I am siking myself out for something. I am just like you with so many things swirling through my head. If only we had a purge button or even a delete button to get rid of some of the nonsense we think about but have no real control over, you know.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts