Monday, January 9, 2012

There's no place like home...

We're home - sunburnt and exhausted, but at least home safe and sound. I barely have the energy to scratch myself let alone do anything else. I simply can't be bothered going back to work tomorrow.

Strictly speaking I'm on holidays tomorrow, but we (that is - I) had this grand idea back before we broke up for holidays that we should do a project team motivation thing for our first team meeting, which is tomorrow. I can't really not be there for something I've organised.

Sooooo, I'm going back to work a day early. I'm sure no-one will notice if I'm curled up asleep in a corner somewhere. Besides I will just swap the extra day for the day after Australia Day which will give me a four day weekend at the end of January - so all good.

We had a fantastic holiday, the first few days were unbelievably hot (upwards of 40 degrees celcius) and also had a bit of agro with middle MM. Teenage boys and family holidays, don'tcha just love them. We got him and ourselves sorted out though and then all was good.

Had an absolute blast in Renmark with the family. Three full days of boating and fishing on the river - fantastic fun. I have lots of photos but truly can't be bothered going to the effort tonight to do something with them, so you'll have to wait till later in the week when I find some extra energy.

A shower in my own shower and sleeping in my own bed tonight - nothing like it. It's 7.45pm and I'm ready for bed already. The early morning start is going to be incredibly hard tomorrow.

To my darling brother and sister-in-law, thanks so much for putting up with us and for an awesome few days of boating and fishing. We had the best time and wished we could have stayed longer! Give my darling boy a hug and a kiss and tell him his Auntie Fi misses him heaps already.

What do you do when a three year old asks 'Why are you leaving us?' and then drops the bottom lip and says 'I don't want you to leave us' - you do what I did and cry, my nephew is a total heart breaker and knows how to hit me where it hurts.

I've got lots of reading to catch up on this week, I've been reading some posts via my phone but haven't been commenting because it was all just too hard. So I'll get my way around to see you all this week.

Well I hope you've all had an awesome first week of 2012 and I promise to get some photos up as soon as I can.

Cheers, Fi

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful time! And seriously.... planning a day back early after a month long? LOL -- you are a trooper!

    have a good rest tonight. And I bet tomorrow is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Glad you had a blast. Sounds like you need a vacation from your vacation though. And already back to work tomorrow, yikes. Time flies when you are having fun I guess. Can't wait to see some of the pics of your fab trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow Fi, and keep that holiday feeling tight :D
    Marion

    PS. I would have cried too!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts