Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Words of Wisdom 7
In essence I will share with you something I've discovered, read or learnt during the week. I love useless little facts, so this week I'm sharing some more of my finds.
Useless little facts
1) 79.3 - the average life expectancy of an Australian male. A woman's life expectancy is 83.9.
2) Canada is an indian word meaning "Big Village"
3) Snails can sleep for 3 years without eating
4) An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
5) The continents names all end with the same letter with which they start
6) Mosquitoes are attracted to the color blue twice as much as to any other color.
7) Facetious and abstemious contain all the vowels in the correct order
8) A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
9) The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for blood plasma
10) What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common?-- All were invented by women.
Posted by Fiona Biedermann