Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Words of Wisdom 5
Our move to new offices means a longer drive time for me, so when I read about creating calm in your car this week it seemed an appropriate thing to share with you. The full article can be found here.
Creating calm in your car - source Body and Soul
• Make your car a sanctuary. Keep it tidy and well maintained.
• Approach drive time as useful time, not just about getting from A to B.
• Set the tone for each trip. Sit calmly and hold the wheel gently.
• Aim to stay present instead of being in automatic mode.
• At every red light, focus on breathing gently.
• Tune into your posture. Stay straight but relaxed.
• Talk to yourself like a wise guru after every minor frustration.
• Let your car reflect an attitude of self-care. Have inspirational tapes or healthy snacks on board.
Some of these things might be difficult for me - inspirational tapes and snacks, mmm not so sure. I can say that I'll probably be doing a lot of breathing gently because there's a heck of a lot of traffic lights between home and the office (maybe one day I'll count them)
So what about you, long drive or short drive to work?
Posted by Fiona Biedermann