Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What a difference a day makes

So I haven't quite traded my dull grumpy people pants for shiny happy ones, but what a difference a day makes. I don't quite feel like I could rip heads off today, not like I could yesterday anyway.

It's starting to feel a little bit like fellow co-worker and I need to perhaps develop thicker skins because boy are we upsetting some people. The project team are spilling over and taking up too much room, monopolising meeting rooms and generally are just everywhere.

Of course it's because the two of us are booking the rooms and re-arranging the furniture to fit more people in so it stands to reason that people are getting annoyed with us. We're still only dealing with the core project team, next month we will be bringing an additional 40-50 people in daily for workshops. Then the fun really begins.

Talking of fun, here's a website that I found which has some amazing photos of animals, literally hundreds of funny photos and cute photos if you like that sort of thing. I've provided a snippet of the pictures you can find there.

Five things to make you smile or ask why
  • 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.
  • All major league baseball umpires must wear black underwear while on the job!
  • Americans eat nearly 100 acres of pizza every day - that's approximately 350 slices per second!.
  • Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.
  • Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave
Sometimes I need to be reminded of all the fun things in life and that we can always find reasons to smile.

Cheers, Fi

One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering

2 comments:

  1. Seriously? 23%?

    See -- you made me smile -- and what a wonderful way to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pizza fact is scary but I believe it. We just had pizza tonight. I was way too tired to cook.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts