Well we all know it's probably going to be a boy because we only have boys in our family, but my nephew is convinced it's going to be a girl. I'm so happy for them because they've had a fair run of bad luck. Congrats guys - love ya's.
Second good news - murphy's law kicks in here. The second week of the new school year once I've paid all my sons school fees and bought uniforms etc I get a phone call today to say they have a place for him at the private school that we tried desperately to get him into the end of last year - so interview with the head of the middle school tomorrow afternoon.
Fingers crossed we'll get him in. He has excellent marks and attitude, and wants this so much. Unlike his older two brothers who treated school like a chamber of torture that they couldn't wait to escape.
Amazes me how different three boys can be.
Love this - courtesy of my mum
'Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater.
If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap ... be ready to receive a ton of shit.'
Words to live by
- I fully respect your right to disagree with me, so long as you understand that I'm right and you're wrong.
- If you think your teenagers are fully honest with you, just think back to when you were a teenager.
- The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, and the second half by our children.
- I don't know the secret of success, but the secret of failure is to try to please everybody.
- Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
- Without ego, greatness is impossible.
- It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help
- Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell and have them be happy to be on their way.
- Never miss a good chance to shut up.
So do you have a 'sensational' moment to share?