But he does;
- occasionally bring me a morning coffee in bed (despite not being a coffee drinker himself)
- cook amazing dinners which are better than eating in any five star restaurant
- change the oil and water in my car (the benefits of marrying a mechanic)
- encourage our boys to be decent human beings - hubby may be rough and ready but our boys have learnt the right values from him (and lots of bad habits too)
- teach our boys to look out for each other
- have the most amazing work ethic
- ensure the boys do their share of chores around the house to help me
I was also heartened today because a friend got in touch and offered support for my 'fitness' campaign - an exercise buddy so to speak. The irony of this heart warming offer is that this friend and I used to absolutely detest each other.
As former work colleagues, the first year or two of us working together we clashed so badly it was laughable. Our boss regularly had us in his office diffusing the latest flare up between us. Admittedly that was back in my young and stupid days (okay so it was only 10 years ago)
I'm not even sure why we disliked each other so much, possibly because we're so much alike. We rapidly discovered in working through our agro with each other that our partners are also so similar in some ways that they probably both came out of the same mould. To have come as far as we have, to have her offer an ear, a shoulder, or to be my exercise buddy means a lot to me.
Kyles - you rock, thank you.
I also had another former work colleague email me with a lunch invitation for next week, I miss this person and our daily chats so much. He was the older brother I never had.
See so I felt the love today - from my children, my hubby and some very dear friends. That's the true meaning of Valentines's Day for me.
So what made your day special today?
Note: As much as I would like to moan and whine and complain, I'll restrain myself because I didn't win the Vitamin Me contest. Not everyone recognises brilliance obviously.