Monday, December 19, 2011

Onward and Upward

Onward and upward, because there's no use dwelling on what was, what might have been or what can't be. Pointless energy wasted and if I tell myself this often enough then maybe I'll start to believe it.

I had my misery party yesterday and no-one else came, it was just me feeling sorry for myself. Sometimes that's what I need, just to wallow in the mess on my own, process it in my mind and then move onward and upward to better things.

I'm sharing some happy things today - because I need to remind myself of the good things in my life and because  there's lots of additional good things in this world.

Share #1 - this came via email from my mum

After losing his parents, this 3 year old orangutan was so depressed he wouldn't eat and didn't respond to any medical treatments. The veterinarians thought he would surely die from sadness.

The zoo keepers found an old, sick dog in the park adjacent to the zoo where the orangutan lived, and took the dog to the animal treatment centre. The dog arrived at the same time the orangutan was there being treated.

The 2 lost souls met and have been inseparable ever since.
 

The orangutan found a new reason to live, and each always tries his best to be a good companion to his new found friend. They are together 24 hours a day in all their activities.

They live in Northern California where swimming is their favorite past time, although Roscoe (the orangutan) is a little afraid of the water and needs his friend's help to swim.


Share #2 - Why I'm Thankful

I Am Thankful for...
  • The messes to clean after a party because it means friends have surrounded me.
  • The taxes I pay because it means that I'm employed.
  • The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
  • My shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine
  • A lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
  • All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
  • The spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking
  • My huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
  • The lady behind me in church who sings off key, because it means that I can hear.
  • The piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby
  • Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.
  • The alarm ringing in the early morning hours because it means that I'm awake and alive.

 Share #3 - The Pencil Maker 
 
A pencil maker told the pencil 5 important lessons just before putting it in the box :
  1. everything you do will always leave a mark.
  2. you can always correct the mistakes you make.
  3. what is important is what is inside of you.
  4. in life, you will undergo painful sharpenings which will only make you better.
  5. to be the best pencil, you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the hand that holds you.
The other two shares came from this website called Truthbook - there's some amazing things to read and look at
.
 
Cheers, Fi  
 
A dream is in the mind of the believer, and in the hands of the doer. You are not given a dream without being given the power to make it come true.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post Fi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here you are...inspiring even in your own "dark" days. You are AMAZING! BTW, those pics, yes those were some more of my view from here. I took those Friday morning. And the #2 What I Am Thankful For. I did something similar to this last Thanksgiving. http://iamnotsuper-woman.blogspot.com/2010/11/i-am-thankful-for.html

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts