Sunday, June 19, 2011
The reason I was thinking along these lines was following a Facebook post (from her godmother) that appeared yesterday informing us that beautiful little Lilah Bishop has passed away. I originally posted about this sweet little angel here and I've been following her journey via the page her family set up to honour her short life.
In just 12 short days, almost 9000 followers have joined this Facebook page and assisted her parents in spreading the message that we should live in the moment and treasure the special times we have with our children. I believe the overwhelming love and joy that the Bishop family surrounded their daughter with is what kept her alive for so much longer than medical experts expected.
My love and thoughts are with this family as they mourn the passing of their little treasure who shone from the inside and inspired many of us to 'Relish in the simple things with our children and never take anything for granted when we are with them' Hugs to all of you.
So today I am grateful for the following
1) My beautiful boys who amuse and entertain me and make me feel honoured to be their mother
2) My darling friends and former work colleagues. I may not have been in party mode yesterday but I still donned my dancing shoes and my party hat and had the most enjoyable evening. You guys light up my world and I miss the joy and laughter you used to bring to my work days. I'm not a drinker so I'm even more grateful that I woke up hangover free and feeling great this morning (despite a number of alcoholic bevies last night).
3) My hubby, even in his grumpiest moments, for better or worse I love him.
4) That I have a place to call home after reading about the statistics on homelessness in the news this week.
5) Hot milky cups of coffee on cold, rainy days
6) My family, no matter how far away you are, you're always in my thoughts
7) Chatting with my boys and hearing them talk about their experiences and opinions on happenings in the world
8) Warmth - nothing better than snuggling up on the lounge in front of the fire and feeling cosy and safe.
9) Social media for allowing me to remain in contact with loved ones who are not physically near by
10) That I'm alive and healthy and able to feel grateful for the good things in my world.
Hope you have plenty to feel grateful for in your lives.
I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ~G.K. Chesterton
Posted by Fiona Biedermann