I came home in an absolute funk today, some days no matter what happy things you tell yourself it 's hard, damn hard. Then I watched the news tonight and I saw the story on the triple murder which occurred in Queensland yesterday including the death of a 5 year old child and I gave myself a swift slap upside the head and thanked god that I'm alive and healthy and so are my children.
I know that happier days are coming for my family, it's just a matter of remaining strong and believing. So what would be considered a happy day in my life at the moment?
- A regular well paying job for my son
- A chat with a friend who has good things happening in their life
- A healthy, bouncing grandson (just a smidge over 7 weeks to go)
- A breakthrough for both family members who're struggling with things at the moment
- Signing the papers confirming my middle son's apprenticeship
- Firm approval on this project that I'm currently working on, actually no, make that a company wide announcement of Board approval for the project.
- Being able to wake up without a sick feeling in my belly (and no its nothing other than stress)
- Having an appetite again (and yes that's stress too)
- A hug from each of my boys - including hubby (this is the most achievable and is what keeps me going each day)
- Finishing the edits on my first novel
How's this, I was searching for a 'happy' image to put on this post and an ad came on television with the first words that were spoken being 'happiness is easy' - okay so it was an ad for gravy but nonetheless how's that for irony?
Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open. ~ John Barrymore