If you agree with the following comments, then you probably know what I'm talking about.
- Nobody is as tough on me as I am on myself.
- No-one expects as much of me as I do of myself.
- Nobody beats me up as emotionally as I beat myself up.
I need to learn to be my own best friend.
- To listen to what my heart and body are telling me.
- To cheer myself on and give myself a pat on the back occasionally.
- To take care of myself and know that I've done my best, no matter what the results are.
- To take the time just to be in the moment and enjoy the simple fact of being alive.
'We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies.' ~ Roderick Thorp
Note: I always search for a quote and an image after I write a post which ties in with what I have written - how's this for a quote though, I could have written it myself.
Want to play along with Six Word Saturday, it's easy? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing.