Saturday, May 28, 2011

Baby Shower - made a nappy cake!


Or maybe it's a diaper cake depending on where you come from. Six weeks till my grandson arrives (give or take) and the baby shower was tonight. Isn't this the most amazing thing you've ever seen? Okay, so be kind if you've seen hundreds of them before and you realise that I'm showing my age by being excited about them.



When I first got the invite, I googled baby showers and these things are everywhere on the internet. I've never seen them before, which is probably understandable being that my 'baby' is almost 14 and it's a little while since I've thought about baby things. All I can say is who ever first came up with this idea is an absolute genius.

Had an absolutely lovely night and was nice to see son and daughter-in-law doing well after some horrendous weeks. It was more a family and friends BBQ than a baby shower and was a great night

Have a great weekend everyone!

A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for ~ Anon

Want to play along with Six Word Saturday, it's easy? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted your image of your baby cake! I've never seen this before. Very cool. I have to get a gift for a baby shower -- now I can make a gift! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made that?! very impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen this baby cake before either. Very clever. Love it! You did a great job! I guess there are many thigns that they do now that they didnt when I was having babies 30 years ago. YIKES! Telling my age now.
    Yes! i have been on a trip to see those grown babies and the grandchildren will have many stories to share now as you will with your grandbaby. I bet you are getting very excited Fi.
    Thanks for coming by. I wont be missing in action for a while. trying to catch up now.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job!!! I bet your daughter in law was very pleased. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you had fun, but they're still diapers. just thinking what they'll be used for does take away some of the "wow" factor... but since i don't have kids, surely you can understand my reaction, or lack thereof...
    looks cute though, if you dismiss the idea of what it is actually. i'm sure the parents will appreciate, especially at 4 am, when all of the stores are closed and they forgot to buy some...

    :D~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen them on bloggy giveaways but never in person! I think they're cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous cake! Wish they'd had them for my baby showers many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet cake! Sounds like you had a great time at the shower. I know your cake was admired by all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! They are all the rage among my circle of baby-having friends. I've seen people selling them, custom orders, for big money.

    Thanks for playing 6WS!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts