Sunday, December 16, 2012

Today my heart aches...

Yesterday I moaned about my bah humbug moments because I would not be spending Christmas Day with all of my family. Today I read of the shootings in America with tears rolling down my face and I realise how petty and selfish my words may seem.

The families, friends and community of 28 loved individuals will not have the option of spending the day with their loved ones either and not because they live too far away, but because they have been taken from them in tragic circumstances.

I realise how much I truly have to be thankful for.

Every day I am also thankful for John Howard's strong stance on anti gun laws in Australia and that my children are fortunate enough to live in a country where such unthinkable acts are so much less likely.

Hold your loved ones close today and be thankful xxx


3 comments:

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts