Thursday, December 6, 2012

My day of firsts...

Today was my first day back in my car and driving since last Wednesday. Also was my first day wearing my contact lenses in over a week - it's been my longest time in glasses since I was 13. My first day of venturing into the outside world with no makeup, no hair styling and not being concerned.

I think I must have grown up this week, or finally realised that it's only me that cares about dumb things like that.

I also had no additional sleep today and left the house twice, I finally feel like I'm on the road to recovery. Now all I need to do is rebuild my energy levels because they are still pretty non-existent.

That leaves me with three days of writing time before I return to work. One thing that my resting time has given me is a chance to just chill and think over the ideas I have for my next writing projects - two of them actually, another novel and an idea for a non fiction book. All of it is gelling nicely and finally making sense, where before it was just a mess of ideas and thoughts.

Maybe that's what we all need sometimes, just to switch off from everything and let our minds and bodies recuperate. I know it's not entirely possible, we all have lives, responsibilities, stresses. None of that stops just because our body and / or mind needs a break.

Nor are many of us sometimes lucky enough to have family who can take on everything while we rest. My hubby and boys have been gold this week. They've kept the house clean, food on the table and removed every ounce of my stress. I have simply slept, rested and recuperated.

If it wasn't for the hideous pain and discomfort, I think a person could be tempted to schedule non-priority surgery regularly just for the additional benefits that come from it. No, what I really need to figure out is how to duplicate the well being and 'me' time without the pain or inconvenience of this week.

I signed up for this publicity book tour as well - hey if they want to give me a free e-book and ask me to review it on my blog - why the heck not? I'm all for assisting other writers, besides it's not something that I'm super savvy with yet - this book promotion stuff,  so I figure this is a good learning process for me as well.

I also found this awesome little snippet in my email in-box this week 30 Good Karma Things To Do With Small Gaps Of Time. I plan on doing a few more of these things much more regularly.

Hope you're having a good week, wherever you are and whatever you're doing.






2 comments:

  1. Oh My! I missed all this! Glad you are on the mend and hope you're good as new soon : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely on the road to recovery - finally, thank you :-)

      Delete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts