Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Everything starts with a thought

So my blog has undergone a little bit of a transformation. It was time, that and there's also the reality that once you start experimenting just a little within Blogger then basically you're committed because its very hard to get back to something which you'd over-customised to start with.

I think it's almost time to move to my own domain and create exactly what I want, I just need the right time to do so. For now, I think I've removed some of the clutter, and streamlined the look - well that was my aim anyway.

I'm putting things in place for future activities, both on this blog and in my life. Then I found this equation on a post which I read tonight which seemed entirely appropriate.

Thought + Belief = Success

I'm sure that some small measure of blood, sweat and tears is needed as well, but as the title of my post says - everything starts with a thought. What are your thoughts saying to you? Are they positive, inspirational and encouraging?

Or are they disbelieving, demeaning and challenging? Do you Believe? In yourself, in your ability, in your dreams?

Sometimes the times we need to be the strongest and believe the hardest are the times when we need it most and we don't know how to think positive, we just can't get there. Last year during some months of immense stress and worry over a family member, I was struggling to cope, to think positively or to even believe it would ever get better.

Because while it's easy to think positively when life is sunshine and roses and everything is just fine and dandy, it's not so when you can't see your way out of a mess and you have limited control over events affecting you or others you care about.

As kooky and as weird as it may sound, I took to saying the words 'I trust that the universe will bring me all that I need and that everything will be as it is meant to be' over and over in my head at night. It was my sleep ribbon every night. It's hard to explain, but I just let myself believe based on all the other times that things had just worked out, despite the odds at the time.

When our children were young we struggled financially, but we always found a way to get by. Hubby would get some extra overtime, one of us would get a cash gift for Christmas, Easter or a birthday, it  would just come in at a much needed moment, or I'd get unexpected hours. We always had a roof over our heads, we always ate, despite me worrying that we might not.

I'm not saying that shitty, horrible, bad things don't happen - I am saying that we have to believe that things will work out and be open to the possibilities. 

Sometimes all you can do is throw it out there and then believe that a solution will be provided. It does work, well for me it has - I've had it happen too many times to not believe.

Try it and then come back and tell me about it, or share a story of when you have done it. Alternatively feel free to tell me that I'm talking out my butt because everyone's also entitled to an opinion. 

Cheers, Fi



2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. It seems that at the very last minute things have always worked out for us, too. It's hard to remember that in the midst of a crisis, though. Fortunately I wake up everyday and seem to have a pretty positive attitude. It may get beaten out of me by the evening, but I am proud of those few moments each day when I still believe I can get where I want to go in life. This tells me all hope is not lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean as well. GOD always provides. Bad things do indeed happen but there is always a bigger plan, a lesson learned. Even in my darkest of dark moments, which I have mostly had these past couple years due to PPD, I still thank GOD that I am living, breathing. I have my family, my health, and so many other blessings,to many to list. I am GRATEFUL. I pray the hardest when it's the hardest to pray.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts