Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Patience is a virtue

Life is all about timing…the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable…attainable. Have the patience, wait it out. It’s all about timing. Stacey Charter

Yeah I chose the quote for a specific reason - if you read my last post then you'll know what I'm talking about- they still haven't made a decision. urgh! Frustrates the hell out of me. I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever make a decision, what is it about company board members? These ones don't even appear to have their facts straight about company history and they're the ones we're relying on to approve the project.

If the project doesn't go ahead then I am out of a job and they will make me redundant, unless they offer me some cruddy alternative which I will be obliged to take. The other alternative is that they will only give part approval for the project and then we will cut it down, lessening costs and minimising risks - which means we implement something that won't meet expectations and will be seen as a half-assed effort. Can't win

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining as such - I enjoy my job but the challenges and new experiences have obviously come to a grinding halt until we get approval. I want more, I need more. I've got 3 weeks left till Christmas break and bugger all to do. Do you think I could get away with writing my book during work time to fill in the time. The days go really slow when you have nothing to do.

It's my 'baby's' 22nd birthday today, boy how the years fly by. They're all growing up so quickly. At times it makes me sad and nostalgic, remembering them as babies and toddlers. Now they have their own lives and their friends.

That's all for now, Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts