Sunday, December 5, 2010

Love is sweet

The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. Nicholas Sparks

I love weddings! A special friend got married yesterday and I felt honoured that my hubby and I were invited to share their special day. After 17 years of marriage, I think I've become slightly jaded. Yesterday reminded me of the joy and hope that you feel on your wedding day. This was a beautiful wedding, tastefully done and still maintained the essence of who these people are.

I liked that things weren't necessarily the 'traditional' expectation, but were in keeping with the joy and fun that this pair inspire in all of their friends. They made the wedding their own; it was not just an over the top extravagance for those who attended. It was instead, a special, unique and inspiring day.

The 'tomboy' bride surprised many of us, her dress was spectacular and suited her perfectly.

What is it about babies and weddings that spurns such strong emotions? I'm a sap, I love the emotion of babies and weddings. All the hope and joy they inspire. It's all about new beginnings, dreams, hopes, wishes.

Well the real slow down has started at work. Looks like I might be getting a longer than expected Christmas break, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I haven't had more than a two week break (at a time) in probably 10 years, so the prospect of 3 or 4 weeks is quite enticing. Probably won't know for sure until next week.

Mum and Dad pack up tomorrow and move to Renmark, I'm sad but happy for them. I've planned to go and help them clean the house tomorrow morning, as the removalists are loading up. They have to be out of the house by lunchtime, so we should have a busy morning.

Do you know that I have lived in the same house for 17 years? Yet, the first 22 years of my life, I lived in more than 10 houses. I am really starting to get itchy feet and would love to move, it's not going to happen, but it's nice to dream. My children had something that I never had, they were born and lived in the same house for their entire childhood, attended the same schools.

I attended 6 different schools through the course of my childhood and again it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I enjoyed the variety and moving around, or is that just the years dimming my memories?

That was the one thing I envied about the wedding we attended, of the 5 bridesmaids that made up the bridal party, only one of them had known the bride less than 10 years. She has very close friends and has kept them through the years. Moving around meant that I lost contact with a lot of my friends over the years, I still chat to some of them on occasion, but they are not 'in' my life any longer.

Ciao for now, Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts