Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date...

So the news had an item on it tonight that tells me flu rates have doubled in Adelaide in the last few weeks - yeah no kidding. I am absolutely sick to death of coughing.

I came home on Sunday, with a little bit of adventure on the way. My alternator gave up the ghost at Blanchetown, which meant I was still 2 1/2 hours from home and stranded at the roadhouse.

Luckily hubby has just one or two friends in the RAA who came to my rescue and got me home safe and sound and with minimal cost. Proof that it's not what you know, but who you know.

I made my interview yesterday on time despite my fears I wouldn't and was extremely happy with the results. No that doesn't mean I got the job but I've at least made the shortlist - which is a start. For someone who's never really had an interview to be told that I nailed the interview was a good beginning.

I had a bizarre dream the night before my interview, well a similar dream twice that night actually. I dreamt that I was running late for my interview and no matter what I did I just couldn't get there on time and despite trying I just couldn't ring to say I was running late. It possibly had something to do with being sick and not sleeping properly but just for kicks I looked up the meaning.

How's this for funny;
To dream that you are late signifies your fear of change and your ambivalence about seizing an opportunity. You may feel unready, unworthy, or unsupported in your current circumstances. Additionally, you may be overwhelmed or conflicted with decisions about your future. Time is running out and you no longer have time to accomplish all the things you want. Alternatively, being late in your dream could be telling you that it is better late than never.
Today I did very little of anything, I slept and tried to get myself feeling better. My first full week of not working and I could do with one or two of the 30 days of paid sick leave that I left behind when I resigned.

I feel like I'm wasting my days laying around and being sick - arrgghhh! So many things I need to do other than get a job and I need to be well, or at least have some energy so I can get things done.

I had my week of rest in the Riverland and caught up with my family, I've applied for a number of jobs which should I get them, will test me and challenge me and excite me. Now its a case of mind over matter - I need to focus on being well and healthy and trust on the Universe to do its work with the rest of it.

Wish me luck...oh and health.

Cheers, Fi


1 comment:

  1. Luck and Health! Pronto!
    The dream definition is just plain Freaky.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts