Saturday, October 27, 2012

Normal is nice

A crazy week that I'm glad is done and gone, happy to see the back end of it. I'm holding out for a normal work week - it seems a long time since I had one.

It's been a week of drama and tears and emotions. A good friend lost her father this week and my heart breaks for her pain and loss. Work is still a shamozzle of change and disruption which affects everyone caught in it's wake.

It's hard knowing people will go with the changes happening and to feel any joy that at least your own position is safe for now.

I haven't written nearly enough this week - drama can sap your energy and creativity.

I took another look at my website tonight which has frustrated me for over a week because I couldn't get it to link to my 'purchased' domain name and then all of a sudden it worked. Not sure exactly how I created the magic that made it fall into place but who am I to question it. A little bit more tweaking to do with it and then all is good.

My book has been steadily selling this week, 6 - 7 sales every day since the promotion last weekend. I finished up with 2247 downloads from the promotion as well. So it was definitely a success in getting it out there. While I'm not going to become a millionaire over night at least the first step in getting my work read has been achieved.

Today at least was a day of ordinary, I'm liking ordinary a lot at the moment. Had my grandson last night and he woke up this morning in a gorgeous mood and full of energy. A happy smiling little face and laughter is a lovely way to wake up. Today hubby and I went and bought a new fridge and a television for the kitchen. Spending money is always fun.

Mammoth job cleaning out the old fridge (which isn't really that old, but just a stupid set up) I will never buy a side by side set up fridge again. So that one has gone out to the shed for a drinks fridge and my new one arrives on Monday. So also had to clean out the old, old fridge (the original drinks fridge). Can't believe the dust and grot which accumulates under and behind a fridge.

Then I had a long nanna nap this afternoon which was sorely needed after the week that was. Which is also why at 11.15 tonight I am still wide awake. Woke up from my sleep and did all my housework so the house is spotless and all my washing is done.

A normal, uneventful day is just what I needed. Normal is nice.

Hope your week has been a good one, or at least your weekend is.





8 comments:

  1. Wow, I swear we are living the same life just in differnet countries...lol...My weak was jam packed, I feel ill again (which is usually GODs way of telling me to slow down) and now the weekend and I am going to listen to him. Work has been very similar to yours. Lots o'changes on the horizon. The sink is shipping and I refuse to go down with it. I am so excited about your new website and your book getting out there! How awesome! Hope you have a better week this next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how similar our lives always seem to be - take a breath and relax, nothing is more important than your health and your family. Ships sink, so just make sure you've got your swimming pants on and you'll be fine. Hugs

      Delete
  2. Normal IS so nice! Both Daniel and I were saying that this week seemed like two. Both of us had events at work that we SWORE happened last week, but they happened early this week. Ug! Tomorrow is a day of sitting around in our pajamas, watching movies. I can't wait! I hope things calm down for you at work soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pajamas and movies - sounds like an ideal kind of day

      Delete
  3. Your normal uneventful day still sounds rather busy! And fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a whacky week here too, though not sure why, just know I can't remember much of it. :) Cheers to a normal week coming up (that's the plan anyway).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems the wacky week is world wide at the moment, hope your coming week is a good one

      Delete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts