Friday, November 11, 2011

Eleven Eleven Eleven


I'm often fascinated by numbers and their meanings, so it stands to reason that today is an interesting day in numerology. Lets face it, I sure know that I won't be around to see the next 11-11-11, which won't happen for another one hundred years (in case you couldn't do the maths yourself).

I'm one of those people who had a date pattern for when I got married. Hubby and I got married one year, one month and one day from the day we met - just because I chose the date and because I could.

If you Google the significance of the number 11, both the day, month and year you'll find enough reading material to keep you going for months and months. There's whole websites dedicated to this number, this date. Some believe it's good luck, and just as many believe the significance bodes for bad things.

Me, I just think that it makes a nice palindrome, an interesting pattern and a fun date.

Here's eleven crazy things that I discovered about the number 11 (the date or the number) because I just know you had to know all about them.
  1. The First World War ended on the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month.
  2. New York terrorist attacks - 11th September. The 1st plane that impacted was Flight 11 with 11 crew on board.
  3. Australian floods occurred on the 11th January 2011
  4. Japan hit by huge earthquake and subsequent tsunami 11th March 2011
  5. Numerologically, 11 is a "master number" in terms of spiritualist beliefs. This means someone born on Nov. 11 tends to be "highly intuitive,"
  6. Canadian one-dollar coin is a hendecagon; an eleven-sided polygon.
  7. Numerous websites say that 11-11-11 is a powerful point representing a day that favors matters of the heart over the mind, a day when friendship, romance, caring, and all good qualities are of utmost importance.
  8. Apollo 11 was the first manned mission to land on the moon
  9. The last total solar eclipse was observed throughout Europe on 11 August 1999 at 11:11 am 
  10. Do you know that a rocket should travel at over eleven kilometers per second to escape the gravity of the earth
  11. The maximum number of Oscar awards for any movie is eleven. This figure was achieved by "Titanic" and "Ben-Hur".
Hope you've had a great week and that the 11th day of the 11th month of 2011 is a good one for you. I believe that every day has the potential to be lucky, or not - it's what we make it.

Cheers, Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts