Thursday, August 25, 2011

Someone has to do it

Have you heard that song 'Every day I'm shuffling' - well that's very much how I feel at the moment. It's one foot in front of the other every day at the moment.

I just want my health and my energy back. Today thankfully was a really relaxed day which was much needed in my present state.

I spent some time this morning with our new Change Manager and I'm very impressed with his philosophy on change and his take on what we need to do going forward.

I think I can learn a huge amount from him and I think we're on the same page on how to deal with things. I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into my new role now that he's on board.

I then had a business lunch with our consultants today. It was a luncheon date that was meant to happen back in June following approval for our project and just for the core project team who have put in the work for the last 12 months leading up to approval. For a number of reasons the lunch was postponed until today.

A two hour lunch break is totally decadent but I guess someone has to do it. We went to a restaurant in the city called Concubine. It was one of the best meals I've ever eaten (and I'm sure the price matched the quality of the food) There were seven of us and I was the only female, which was a bit disconcerting - where the heck are all the females in this project?

It was an asian influenced menu but I couldn't pin it down to being Thai or Chinese or any specific country. Five different entrees and then ten different main courses, all placed in the centre of the table so that you could sample small bits of everything. I tried everything and it was all amazing. It was a little bit scary sitting at a table with all these males and the only eating implements were chopsticks.

I'm certain I could have asked for a knife and fork but sometimes you go with the flow (or you feel too out of your comfort zone to do something different). By the end of the meal my piece of the tablecloth was the only part that didn't have mess on it - victory to me and yes I still ate. In fact I probably ate more today than I've eaten in the last three weeks.

After two hours of good company and fine conversation I rolled out of the restaurant with a very full belly. The boss had told us to take the rest of the afternoon off so I headed for home and a two hour nanna nap. Except for Monday when my parents were down, I'm still having an hour or two sleep every day when I get home from work. My energy levels are still so limited and I'm beyond frustrated with my body.

That's all my news for now

Cheers, Fi

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

1 comment:

  1. Lunch sounds divine -- and while you didn't ask... my advice... :) -- honour your body's call for healing time. And enjoy your naps! You'll be running wild soon enough :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts