Someone famous made the quote that the day you stop learning is the day you stop living - or some such similar quote. If they didn't then they should have and if that's the case - then this is my quote and when I'm famous you can quote me.
This week has been a week of learning (not unlike any other) but with some fairly important realisations;
- A big mouth will eventually bite you on the bum and cause you trouble (amazingly it wasn't my big mouth which caused the trouble)
- Company restructuring is one of the biggest and most unsettling changes for any employee and I hate it, more so when you're watching people's reactions and their pain and the knowledge that you knew what was coming and couldn't ease that pain.
- Adult children still need a good, swift kick in the pants and a telling off. It would be so much easier if you could send them to their rooms and ban them from going out. Or slap them on the bum and tell them they've upset you.
- Some days if I didn't laugh I'd cry - frustration makes me cry more than sadness does.
- My forty-first birthday is looming on the near horizon and I feel older than Moses some days.
- My dog is more intelligent than me, or so I'm told. She passed her obedience training this week and graduated into grade 3, despite the trainer telling me that I have two left feet and it's lucky that I have such a smart dog who allows for my confusion and lack of coordination. Good thing I never planned to be a world class dancer isn't it?
- We only ever try to help because we care.
- The smallest things in life are free, my grandson's giggles and cuddles are one of the greatest joys in my world.
- Attitude is everything, try being around someone miserable and angry and not start feeling some of that yourself.
- Despite your best intentions and the best laid plans - sometimes shit just happens.
- New bosses with quirky senses of humour can keep you on your toes.
- You have to just keep, keeping on and if your path alters, than it's your attitude which will determine your success. Now that is in fact my own quote so you can quote me on that one when I'm famous.
So, what have you learnt this week?
I'm linking up with Cate who gives us all a place to visit and connect. Want to play along with Six Word Saturday, its easy? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing.