Saturday, November 24, 2012

6WS - Are you living a legendary life?

A truly remarkable writing individual left the world this week, Australian author Bryce Courtenay may be gone but his legacy will never be forgotten. His first book the Power of One is one of my all time favourite books and if you haven't read it then you should.

He describes his first book as a book about 'one person's ability to touch another and empower them to help themselves' - no wonder this book struck a chord with me.

He wrote that first book at the age of 55 and went on to write almost a book a year up until his death; with sales of more than 20 million books in his lifetime - this man was and is a legend.

Further proof that it's never to late to achieve a goal, or start something new.

I saw an interview last month with this man and was inspired by his attitude, he knew he was dying and was living his final days exactly the way he wanted to - it was an enlightening interview.

I'd like to leave a legacy like that, be remembered for my contributions to the literary world. Lets face it, the man didn't get started writing until he was 55 - so effectively I have 14 more years to reach legendary status.

To be legendary - you don't have to be rich, you don't even have to be famous. To me being a legend is about being amazing and living your life the best way possible. People want to talk about you or know you because you're simply amazing.

So what are you doing this week to take you one step closer to legendary status?

I'm linking up with Cate who gives us all a place to visit and connect. Want to play along with Six Word Saturday, its easy? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing


16 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I hadn't heard of this man before. I like the premise of his first book.

    This week I'll continue to try and be a good role model for my children. I want to show them the best possible way to live their lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana I truly believe that as parents this is the best thing we can offer our children

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this inspiration this morning Fi. I needed to this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise - Coming from someone who I consider legendary this is truly a compliment, you continue to inspire me with your desire to make a difference

      Delete
  3. I think that ... if after you are gone.... those whose lives you touched remember you fondly that is a legacy that I would like to make...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda what a lovely way of putting it, couldn't agree more

      Delete
  4. Oh heck- I'd better get cracking. Don't tell anyone but I'm 64.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fi, I didn't realise that he didn't start his wriing career until age 55, but saw the part of his interiew about his impending death... and it was so inspiring.
    Great post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did I until I read the media reports, amazing considering how much he achieved

      Delete
  6. I saw this. So sad but he did live a great life and truly will be leaving a legacy for many. "Sometimes the slightest things change the directions of our lives, the merest breath of a circumstance, a random moment that connects like a meteorite striking the earth. Lives have swiveled and changed direction on the strength of a chance remark."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be happy never to be a legend but if the church is packed for my funeral, that'll do :)

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts