Today I'm getting serious - my goals are all being fully documented and prioritised - what I want and when I want it by, step-by-step of how I will get there. No more talking about it, or having rough notes about what I want or worse still, having it all in my head. It's now down on paper (well on my computer in a spreadsheet at least)
Here are the facts on goal setting - (there's numerous facts, figures and data out there, but it all says much of the same)
- 80 percent of people never set goals for themselves
- Of the 20% of the population that does set goals, roughly 70 percent fail to achieve the goals they have set
- Of the 20% that do write down goals, only 20% regularly review them
- 3 percent of the population set goals consistently, and are among the wealthiest people in the country.
Once I get it all sorted, I'll share. That's all part of it isn't it - sharing and learning from each other. Do any of you have something that works for you that you've discovered or created?
I also found this following list in my web wide travels, a useful reminder of simple ways to be creative and how to nurture that creativity in your day to day life
- Try to be surprised by something every day.
- When something strikes a spark of interest, follow it.
- Recognize that if you do anything well it becomes enjoyable.
- To keep enjoying something, increase its complexity.
- Make time for reflection and relaxation – daydream.
- Look at problems from as many viewpoints as possible.
- Produce as many unlikely ideas as possible.
- Capture ideas by writing them down immediately. (Keep a journal by your bed and in your car.)
- Challenge yourself to do or try new things even if you might fail.
- Broaden your repertoire of knowledge in new areas that aren’t natural for you.
- Surround yourself with diverse stimuli – new environments and new people.
We've lost two people this year who were the same age as me, two other friends have also lost cherished ones from their lives. Life is too short to be waiting until tomorrow or the next day to make your dreams a reality.
All of this is part of the process of living a worthwhile life and being a better me - so what are you doing to make your life a better one?
This site is worth checking out
Rules for a Happy Life (Tumbler quotes and images)
(Number 76 is my lesson for this week)