Sunday, January 16, 2011

A moment in time

Let there be more joy and laughter in your living.~Eileen Caddy

I love that small moment in time when everything is absolutely perfect in my world and I get an amazing sense of well being. This amazing moment is very fleeting and I have the need to immerse myself in it for its very short lifespan. The moment is now and I am revelling in it. It's the moment which follows several hours of massive cleaning in my house and it is now totally 'spotless'.

It's that moment when everyone is out of the house and I have banished every pesky dust mite from the house. Don't get me wrong, I am by no means a clean freak - life intrudes way to often for this to happen. I do the compulsory clean on a weekly basis, such as the bathroom and toilet and of course the clothes washing and the dishes but the rest is a little (okay a lot) more haphazard.

Today I achieved the miraculous and did it all, oh what a feeling. It means I can sit here and tap away on my computer with no feelings of guilt about all the little tasks I should be doing. It's my moment in time before the MM's arrive home and descend on the house with their own brand of chaos and mess. How is it possible, that an hour after they arrive home, the house will look like a bomb has hit it.

That's fine because I know that it was clean, spotless even for at least an hour. If this makes me sound like a sad case then that's okay - anyone who's a busy working mother will surely know the 'clean house moment of bliss'.

I'm off to enjoy the last vestiges of a clean house before the MM's return. Cheers for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts