Monday, January 3, 2011

Back in the groove

A life without dreams is like a garden without flowers.~ Author Unknown ~

I am very happy with my writing progress, got another 2435 words on the page yesterday, taking my grand total so far to 12504 words. This is the first time I have sat down and committed to writing and got past the first chapter other than writing assignments when I was at uni. So what's different this time, I've created a main character that I really like and who I understand. I spend each day itching to get back to my writing and frustrated when life gets in the way.

I gave the first few chapters to my sister-in-law last week (I know, I've probably committed the cardinal sin amongst writers of showing something before it's completed, but she talked me into it) The response was very positive and I know that my sister-in-law tells it as she sees it and doesn't sugarcoat. She wants me to email future installments because she wants to know what happens, but I've been strong and told her now she has to wait til I finish it.

My number one goal has always been to have a novel written before I turn 40, so I have 11 months to get my act together and accomplish my goal. 2011 is my year to achieve my writing goals and become a grandma. I'm on track to achieve my two most desired things in the world.

The other thing I aim to do this year is to take my boys overseas (hubby included of course). Hubby and I visited Bali last year and were enchanted by the place so we plan to take the boys over at the end of this year. Then next on my list will be Italy, a place I've always wanted to visit. This one will wait another few years though until the kids leave home, so that hubby and I can enjoy the trip alone.

So while I don't have resolutions for 2011, I certainly have goals which are on track. I also aim to give up smoking and get back on my treadmill, but I will need to put some timelines and parameters around those, oh and of course some rewards for when I achieve them.

Well I hope 2011 sees you all achieve your dreams and goals.

Cheers, Fi

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fi! Love your background -- yup -- definitley good taste!

    Thanks for dropping by my place. Lovely to meet you and I've just read back through some of your blogs -- lovely to get a view of life "down under'!

    Hope the new year brings you writer's success and abundant joy!

    I'll be back.

    LouiseG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, glad you dropped by. Hope your 2011 is filled with success and joy also

    Cheers, Fi

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts