Sunday, August 22, 2010

Spring bliss

Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer. Marcia Wieder

I love Spring, yes and while it's not literally Spring in Adelaide yet (it's still 9 days off) it still feels like it's on its way. Today the sun is shining and there is a hint of Spring in the air. After days and weeks of wintery weather with strong winds and rain, I look forward to the coming sunny days and spring breezes.

Sounds kind of corny I know, but there is something about Spring that energises me, and makes me feel positive and happy. Admittedly a new stress free job and tangible challenges ahead are probably contributing factors to my positive thoughts and a feeling of lightness.

I've been trawling the internet again and reading lots of outstanding blogs and sadly some very ordinary and badly written blogs. I appreciate the concept of freedom of speech and a persons' right to write about whatever they want but some people just don't 'get it' and those are the blogs that are a blatant marketing venture and badly done at that. The blogs I return to on a regular basis are the ones that are entertaining to read or where I can identify with the writer's thoughts and comments.

Life is meant to be a learning experience and I am constantly searching for knowledge and ways to enjoy a better work/life balance - I have always repeated the idiom that we work to live, we certainly don't live to work. Reality is that many of us get stuck in a rut and are unsure or fearful of how to dig our way out of this rut. I've seen evidence of this at my old job, of those people who have been made redundant and have been forcibly kicked out of their rut, I now see happier more fulfiiled individuals who say that redundancy was the best thing that ever happened to them.

It is tragic that a life changing event such as redundancy, which is traumatic not only for the individual but also for their family, is what causes us to stretch our wings and try new and different things. I've been exploring the concepts of the 'Laws of Attraction' and positive thinking (something that has always interested me) and I will talk about it more in coming blogs.

My advice to everyone, don't wait for a life changing event to get out of your rut, try something new or different and begin living your life again right now.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts