Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Great Escape

"Nothing in life just happens. You have to have the stamina to meet the obstacles and overcome them. " ~ Golda Meir

Last day of work yesterday and two conflicting emotions - elation that I have finally escaped and sadness that I am leaving behind nine years of memories and good friends. I feel as though a great weight has lifted off my shoulders.

I am nervous about the new job, change is never easy, but I think sometimes we need to be pushed into making the change. I haven't been happy there for a long time but I guess sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't, so it's hard to take that step.

I feel a bit aimless, as I'm really not sure what I am going to be doing in the new job. The project is all in the very early stages and a lot of organising needs to be done. I guess that's my strength though, organising people and communicating the changes. It's just hard when you've followed a routine for four years and you know what is expected and what needs to be done and then going into something brand new.

Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts