Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Brain Pain

First assignment for MBA is completed and emailed and my brain hurts. A 2726 word business analysis of my organisation for the Strategic Management module.

That's 226 words more than the word count calls for, but just within the 10% more or less allowance - so yes I've always had problems with knowing when to shut up.

Having not completed any university study for almost 7 years, I'm extremely proud of myself and I even submitted it 3 hours ahead of my deadline. Normally I wouldn't have got down to only hours before a deadline however with five days sucked out of this month due to a nasty cold, my time management went out the window.

Doesn't my 16-year old son who's currently doing Year 11 love rubbing it in that mum should organise her time better. Don't you hate it when your own words come back to bite you on the butt?

It's going to be a big year, but I also feel confident and comfortable about how much I can learn (am learning) and can also use in my job. Plus the enjoyment factor is high - yes I am such a dag who loves studying and reading.

I'm now going to sit on the lounge and stare at the television while my brain gets back into normal mode. Next adventure is the exam next week, three and a half hours, 4 x A4 pages per question for each of the four questions. No-one ever said it was going to be easy.

I have a feeling my brain may go into meltdown next week, luckily I have between Easter and Anzac Day off, so 10 days with the public holidays and weekends thrown in.

So what's everyone else up to for Easter - I plan on doing much as the image in this post is doing - putting my feet up and doing a little writing in between.

Plus hubby is knocking the wall out of my kitchen to put in a sliding door, so I guess I might do a little bit of cleaning somewhere in the break as well (and that's the understatement of the year - I hate brick dust)

I'll endeavour not to bore you all stupid in the coming months with further detail about assignment writing but achieving that first completion was like the first and hardest step in a big journey, so right now I'm experiencing a little bit of a buzz of achievement.

Stay happy everyone and have a great Easter break if I don't get back before then.

Cheers, Fi




1 comment:

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts