Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Change is in the wind...I can feel it coming

Thomas Edison said "If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."

So I'm ready to be astounded. It's time to run, to explore and to discover bigger and better things - to prove to myself that I am capable of amazing things. No more putting up with less than I am worth, and I have been for too long.
I just need to figure out what it is I need to reach and stretch for.
 
See I worry that there's something in the air or something in the wind? There's so much unrest and dissent around those I know and love, not just family members but also work colleagues and friends too.

I worry that it's my view clouding things, but so many people going through change and uncertainty - surely I'm not imagining that. Maybe I'm just more perceptible to it at the moment because I'm ready for change.

Have you ever dreamed of;
  • selling the house and seeing where the winds of change blow you
  • heading off on a journey of self discovery
  • quitting your job and throwing yourself into something totally new and different
  • moving house, state, country - with no plan, no set action
  • booking a round the world ticket and just going wherever you end up

I guess you get a feel for where my thinking is at the moment, yeah I'm ready. Bring it on world, I'm ready to be astounded.

What about you, what are you ready for?

Cheers, Fi


2 comments:

  1. I love that quote with the butterfly. It is so true! I think we are creatures of habit and have to be pushed into making changes. I know I've resisted just about every change and was amazed by the difference in my life once it was over!

    I am ready to make 2013-2014 the best school year ever! I am really looking forward to bringing a positive attitude into each school day and building a great relationship with students, parents, and my co-workers.

    Oh, I'm reading a FANTASTIC book you might be interested in. It's called The Energy Bus (http://www.amazon.com/The-Energy-Bus-Rules-Positive/dp/0470100281/ref=pd_sim_b_1). It's about being positive and encouraging those around you to do the same. It's a quick and easy read. I thought you might enjoy it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see your reference to the book on Facebook and was going to check it out - thanks will definitely have a look.

      Delete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts