Thursday, February 7, 2013

Champion dummy spitter

Sometimes you have to throw a hissy fit or spit the dummy to get results, as pathetic and childish as that may be. If I could get away with it I would probably throw myself on the ground and kick and scream.

A grown woman in high heels throwing a tantrum on the office floor does not usually advance ones career in the right direction, so I try to restrain myself.

My greatest failing and it annoys the hell out of me is when I get frustrated or angry then I want to cry. What's that all about?

You can't really be angry, or make people see how angry you are when you have tears in your eyes. Nor can I speak coherently or voice my frustration properly when I have tears welling up.

So I did the whole bit this week (except for throwing myself on the floor) because I'd put up with being frustrated for way too long.

Enough said about all of that, lets say that I finally achieved some positive results and I learnt that I should speak up sooner rather than later and should stop being miserable if I don't.

I also went to my first Adobe Indesign course session last night - loved it. Should have done this months ago as well. I have researched every single course under the sun over the last however many months and finally I just paid for one. The no refund policy meant I was committed.

I've studied so much over the years, so I'm not sure why I took so long to decide on something, anything. I have another long term course that I'm going to sign up for also and I also have an amazing business idea gelling in my mind at the moment as well, more on that when it becomes clearer about the best way to do it.

It's amazing how dealing with one things can open up everything else in your head. Like dominoes falling, one movement  and everything starts happening at once.

One step, any step, is that first step on the path towards amazing things and less of feeling miserable about standing still.

What's your first step?






2 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona! My first step was probably biting the bullet and looking up teaching positions. Didn't think I wanted to be back here, but it seems God likes to make liars out of us from time to time. Hey, so long as it all works out, right? And I know what you mean about the crying when you're mad, I hate that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you.
    adobe indesign courses london

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts