Monday, June 10, 2013

Not standing still, just resting

Every weekend should be a long weekend - with four day working weeks every week. Loving the beautiful sunny days in winter, chilly but nice.

I got all of the front garden in front of the fence weeded and re-mulched this weekend, all ready for planting with ground cover and daffodils next weekend once the mulch loses its kick. It was smoking, so probably a little too strong for planting my plants just yet.

I also got my website re-focused and restructured this weekend. It's something I've been meaning to do for a few weeks now since I had it assessed. It was a website which was a little confused about what its purpose was. I've simplified it, it's purely freelance writer site now. Well I'm hoping it's less confused now.

Shows how productive I am with an extra day in my weekend, washing, cleaning, shopping and gardening, plus website building. Just think what I could achieve with less work and more play time.

I need more thought and planning on what I'm doing with my writing and business planning, but I think I'm just waiting for my co-worker to come back from sick leave so my brain can stop spinning from unfamiliar work tasks and think normal again.

This coming home from work absolutely exhausted every night is quite foreign to me. My computer has been feeling very neglected the last few weeks from lack of use, not to mention my blog posts being few and far between. A return to normal is not far off.

We went and saw the newest addition to the family last night, now that they're home from the hospital. My new nephew is just 12 days old and his first time mum and dad are my age. Can't even begin to imagine starting a family at my age. But you can't know what you're missing until you do it can you?

I think there's something to be said for having children young when I look at how tired and exhausted they are. Admittedly new parents have that glazed eye look no matter what age they are. Can't begin to imagine doing the teenage years in my mid fifties like they will be though - ugh, what a thought. It's tough enough now in my forties.

Okay enough babbling for this week, it's time to put some words on the page before dinner. I have a project management e-book to finish before I can start my next fiction e-book.

Hope you've all had a relaxing weekend.

Cheers, Fi

Image Credit







2 comments:

  1. The only problem with a four day work week would be once we got used to it. Then we'd want three! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How right you are, so lets forget the four day work week and go straight to a 3 day one. Yeah I get what you mean though, we always want more :-)

      Delete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts