Thursday, November 4, 2010

I'm gonna be a grandma!

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will. Jawaharal Nehru

How do you know when you're getting old? When your son tells you you're going to be a grandma. Oh my god, I feel too young to be a grandma. Once I get over the shock I will be ecstatic, at the moment though I'm still trying to process the idea.

Now I understand what I put my parents through, admittedly at least he's 22 and not 17. It's karma isn't it - what goes around, comes around. If that's true then my son will thoroughly enjoy the trials of parenthood. Seriously though, I am rapt for them and they're happy if not shocked.

They've been together 2 years and his girlfriend is an absolute dream - I couldn't have picked a better potential daughter-in-law if I tried. We get on well and I absolutely adore her, she's so good for him. It's something I've always feared though, because I have all boys, I've often worried about my grandchildren and what would happen if their mothers were awful and I didn't get on with them. I think it's different when you have girls. Silly thoughts I know and something that I didn't think I would have to worry about for a few years yet.

I am excited though and want to tell everyone. WOW

Cheers for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts