Thursday, October 9, 2014

Back on track...finally

Surprisingly I still remember how to write a blog post, despite not having been around these parts for a number of weeks. I'm nearly back to my pre-August health, barring a smallish cough here and there as a reminder.

Not that I really need a reminder of feeling disgusting and being the sickest I've ever been in my life. I feel like life has passed me by for quite a few weeks. No blogging, no writing, no exercise, I was barely making it through work each day and all I wanted to do was sleep.

Feeling like normal again over the last few weeks has been sensational. Last week was also my first week back on the tram after staying clear of all the 'germy' travellers for a number of weeks. I now kind of understand the paranoia of wearing a face mask.

Despite the last two hellish months health wise, I completed a Train the Trainer course and a three day certified e-learning software course. Timing is everything isn't it? Luckily the training was spaced out amongst the viruses and the flu.That said, I will now not say another word about being sick.

I think I might have found a perfect middle ground which combines my love of design and training facilitation with my IT knowledge. E-learning software design is tons of fun, it's kind of the desktop publishing of the new age. Only my mum would probably understand what I mean by that statement.

This week I also joined the new gym that I walk past every day on my journey from the tram to work which is opening up next week. Time to get serious about some of these goals which are on my list of things to get done, they've been in deep freeze for long enough now.

Beauty and the Geek has just started on TV and I haven't bothered to change the channel, but seriously are females that dumb and are guys truly that clueless and geeky? I know it's part of the show, but really? I truly have very little patience left for any reality television. It makes all of us look dumb just for watching it.

Okay it's truly that bad so that I now have to change the channel.

Hopefully now that I'm back on top of my game health wise I might be around here a little more often. I have two and a half more subjects left of my MBA for this year before a nice long rest over the summer break. Won't that be long awaited and much needed, it's been a damn hard slog this year.

Bring on the long warm summer days and outdoor living, my favourite time of the year.

Hope you're all well and finding things to make you smile.

Cheers, Fi


2 comments:

  1. If this is a duplicate of my comment, please just delete it - Glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No duplicate and hello, long time no contact. Hope you're doing well

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts