Monday, September 30, 2013

When the Universe speaks...

When I was getting up and going to work every day I religiously wrote in my journal every morning, sitting in my car in the car park before I went into the office. I wrote my morning pages just like Julia Cameron recommends in her book Artists Way.

I've lost my rhythm and zip since I've been at home, I still get up at the same time every morning, but there was something about sitting in the car which created a habit of writing down my thoughts and feelings.

I used to spend almost an hour in the car driving to work and my brain thrived on that thinking time. By the time I got to work I had to get the words out, it was an urge to write.

Now I find there's always a load of washing to do, dishes to be put away etc etc just excuses I know. It's just that I figure I have plenty of time to write and then things happen and I get to the end of the day and I realise I haven't written in my journal again.

Lets not even discuss my dismal blogging attempts as well. I used to catch up on my reading, writing and commenting in my lunch break when I was at work. Mmm I've been slightly absent around here of late.

I start my new job on the 14th, yes two more weeks to just chill and relax and not be furiously hunting for a job. Travel distance will be almost the same as my old job so my brain will kick back into thinking mode.

It just makes me realise how much habits play a part in my world and how when routines change, those patterns fall apart. That's one of the reasons I've been rigid about maintaining normal sleeping hours during the week so that going back to work won't be so difficult.

How easy it would be to sleep in every morning and be a slug. I save that for my weekends, mind you my weekends are so nice at the moment because I'm not cramming all my food shopping, cleaning and running around into two days.

Hubby will be back on cooking duty in two weeks because he gets home before me. Not unhappy about that concept at all. What I am, is excited about the challenges coming my way and a return to some kind of routine.

My brother posted this quote below on my Facebook page recently, the same day that it came in the mail in some advertising material for a course I'd enquired about - the Universe having it's say perhaps?

Cheers, Fi



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job! I've been having a similar problem with getting writing time in. I have a great deal in my head right now and that urge to tell stories has come again. But time? yep...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the opposite problem, I have the time just not the right balance of priorities - lol

      Delete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts