Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Stuck in a rut


Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else - James M. Barrie

I've come to the realisation that it's time for a change. The job I've had for four years is not the job it used to be. I now experience days when I dread going to work. What has changed the job of my dreams to the job of my nightmares? I guess a new boss will do it every time.
I've been with the same company for 9 years and the thought of delving out into the 'real' world again is quite daunting, no make that terrifying. The reality is that just because I have been doing the job for four years, doesn't necessarily count for much if I don't have a piece of paper that says I can do the job.

So it's time to spread my wings and search for new challenges. It's really a kick in the pants, a wake up call if you like, that I should be doing more of what I love and that's writing. So I will endeavour to write regularly on this blog and document my journey into the big blue yonder.

Cheers for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts