Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Life should come with multiple choice boxes

Drumroll here please........ because today I sat for my boat license (and passed)

It doesn't matter that I have no idea how to start the boat or that I suck at reversing a trailer with the boat on it, because I have a piece of paper which says I'm licensed to drive a boat.

If only life was a multiple choice test and I could read the book first. That way I would know which were the correct answers and I'd blitz this thing called life. Because one thing I'm very good at doing is reading and absorbing information and then answering the questions.

Lets face it, if life was a multiple choice test then we'd have a 25% chance of getting it right with no effort and if it was like the boat license I sat today then you only have to get 80% to pass. The thing is multiple choice tests are much like life, we may get it right in theory or on paper but it's the practical that we all fail miserably at.

We all have choices to make in life and the reality is that there's no guide book so that we can learn about what our choices could mean for our lives or what may be a mistake. We have to blindly make our choices and then live with the fallout or ramifications or success of what those choices are.

There's no 80% pass mark in life, we either get it right or we don't. It's taking that first initial step and learning from our mistakes which is the key

I mentioned yesterday that I bought a few books (hysterical laughter can be heard coming from my family) Anyway the first book that I'm reading is called 'One Life to Live' by Jack Collis. I'm about 65 pages into it and loving what this book has to say.

Mind you, I was hooked with the quote by Dale Carnegie on the first page "One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of the magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today"

So my question today for all of you - are you searching for that magical rose garden or waiting for the answer book for the multiple choice test to make sure you get the life you want?

Tick a box people, take a chance, smell the roses in your garden right now, don't wait for the perfect life to arrive because you may be waiting a long, long time.

I'm off to smell some roses (ironic really, because roses make me sneeze)

Cheers, Fi

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL -- I like the congratulations -- I think! :)

    So... one of the choices not to make is to sit in a boat that is backing up with you at the wheel? would that be fair to say?

    I'm off to make big changes today -- last day working at the shelter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts