Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bliss

~ Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging ~ Joseph Campbell

Yeah, I've been bad - haven't written as much as what I wanted to. The project is crazy, crazy. We are meant to be back in the office this week, well sort of. Tuesday we were back at the consultants, today I had my last day of my Business Management course and then tonight we're in Brisbane. Friday we will be back in the consultants office in Adelaide.

Bliss tonight is dinner on the pier, then sitting curled up alone on a lounge in my nice, plush hotel room on the 12th floor with no 'home duties' to do. I can put what I want on the TV, no-one is wrestling on the floor while I am trying to watch something on TV because the MM's are all home in Adelaide taking care of themselves.

I could get used to this new working life, lots of variety and new experiences. I know that makes me sound like such a dag, most people take this sort of working life for granted, but while it's new for me I can take pleasure in it. The boss is blase about the Qantas Club, me I've never been in there. I've travelled enough but not with the 'business' benefits, so that was a new experience for me.

I've now completed my Business Management Diploma and a Certifcate 4 in Project Management all barring the final projects for assessment. Qualifications that I couldn't hope to have got in my last position. Mind you, I think I've learnt more in the last 5 weeks about Project Management than I could ever hope to learn from a textbook. Life experience craps all over classroom teaching.

Good thing I wasn't really interested in watching TV, the choices on Brisbane channels on a Wednesday night are appalling. Well, I think I'll make myself a cuppa and relax on my balcony with a cigarette and enjoy the view.

Cheers for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts