I know I have a problem with conciseness becaue I like words, I like writing and I also like talking - so quick and consise for me is a bit of an oxymoron - doncha love that word?
My boss says I do 98% of the talking at any given time and he just fills in the remaining 2%.
Let me serve my week up to you in dot points to assist me with keeping this post brief
- Work dinners and 'extraordinary' amounts of alcohol for me are not conducive to productive Saturdays - my brain still hurts 24 hours on from the work dinner.
- I'm amazed at how many people I now know within our business of 2500+ employees because of my new communications role, and how many of them now know me by name. It's all about networking isn't it?
- I received very positive responses from two Senior Managers at work this week in terms of how well my communications presentations are being received (my ego thanks them)
- Doggy obedience school starts tomorrow for our furkid, I really, really wanted a sleep-in.
- Five more sleeps until I head for the Riverland to see my family. Temperatures predicted in the low 30's so looking forward to taking the furkid swimming in the river as we soak up the last few warm days before the cold weather sets in.
So tell me what's happened in your part of the world that 'amazed' you or 'surprised' you this week?
The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause ~ Mark Twain