Okay so I'm sure that I won't be the only person posting about the royal wedding today - after all it's everywhere we turn at the moment, television, newspapers, facebook and it will be for weeks to come as it's talked about and dissected minute by minute.
So many rules - it's a wonder how this marriage ever eventuated. All 1900 guests were sent a 22 page rule book of the do's and don'ts of acceptable behaviour for the royal wedding - are you serious?
I guess I felt sad because of all the rules surrounding the royal wedding. In my mind a marriage is meant to be personal and intimate and it's meant to be the celebration of the start of a couples new life together. I love this couple for their realism and their ability to be so down to earth and yes I know being a member of the Royal family demands certain rules but.......(deep sigh here)
Anyway here's 10 reasons why I will never be a princess.
1) I'd want to wear pale pink because I look disgustingly washed out in white or cream
2) I'm a hugger, so I'd find it hard not to hug or touch any member of my new family without them initiating it or giving me permission to do so
3) None of the guests were allowed to get drunk at the reception, which would mean that none of my friends would turn up (well a few would)
4) I'd have bare arms, there would be no lace or covered arms for me
5) Flowers in my hair would be a must - hang the tiara
6) I wouldn't be able to resist telling the step mother-in-law that she didn't read her rulebook which said that no guests were allowed to wear white or cream and upstage the bride (even though I'd be in pink)
7) I would have cried during the ceremony (apparently no show of open emotion is allowed - at a wedding? - how is that possible, I always cry at weddings)
8) When my husband kisses me for the first time as a married couple then I'd want him to act like he bloody well means it, not just a chaste little kiss which fits the rules.
9) I'd want my guests to share in my special day not be seated almost a kilometre away at the back of the church.
10) I love bright coloured flowers and gerberas are one of my favourite flowers so probably not suitable for a princess bouquet.
So there you go, that's why I married my hubby, because I would have failed princess school.
Want to play along with Six Word Saturday, it's easy? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing.